Tuesday, January 24

Mamba

Let me start this article off by stating that I am a Kobe fan. I love watching him play and while I was home this weekend I was ecstatic to hear that he had dropped 81. This guy dropped 62 a few weeks ago and then took himself out, and I am glad he didn't follow that precedent last night. What The Mamba did on Sunday night is far greater than what Wilt did in 1962. Kobe did it in a league where defense comes first and where teams as a whole sometimes struggle to score 81. Wilt was also a beast for his time, no one on the Knicks had the size to take him out of the game. People in today's game are supposed to be able to stop guys like The Ocho, but Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. No question about it. Now that Kobe has scored 81 and realizes what it might feel like to drop a century on someone he will go for it. Kobe will drop 100 on someone this year and Phil can't stop him. Now I started this article off by saying I'm a huge Kobe fan, and let me say that while he did drive Shaq and Phil out of town he is still the best player in the game. He may be a ball hog, but wouldn't Shaq do the same if he were the one stuck on the Lakers with Kobe in Miami. It's easy to pass to guys like Wade, Walker, and White Chocolate. Who does Mamba have? Odem, that's it. So don't go saying that Shaq is the better teammate, and Shaq is better at the game than Kobe. Sure Kobe robbed us of the greatest duo since Starsky and Hutch, but wouldn't you do the same thing if you were trying to leave a legacy for this fine game? Because we all know that every sports writer would question his ability to win a championship without Shaq no matter how many they won together. And let me be the first to point out that Shaq has won the same amount of rings without Kobe as Kobe has without Shaq, zero, zilch, nada. And I will also like to add that Kobe will win multiple championships without Shaq, while Shaq will win none without Kobe. Kobe is having one of the greatest scoring burst in NBA history, just enjoy it, and enjoy the Lakers come payoff time.
coming later in the week, my take on the Championship sunday in football, and Superbowl predictions

No comments: